All walkers should be familiar with the INTERNATIONAL DISTRESS SIGNAL
- 6 long blasts on whistle
- 6 shouts or waves of handkerchief
- 6 flashes of torch in succession
All followed by a pause of one minute, then repeated.
You may at some time have to pass on an emergency message to police.
You should have all the information written down to help ensure the right details are passed on to the emergency services.
- Name and age of casualty
- Nature of injuries
- Location with 6 figure grid reference and description of area around
- Time of accident
- Details of the rest of the party with colours of clothing worn
- Where you are calling from and your name and address
Share this with your friends:
Thanks for sharing!