All walkers should be prepared. The mountain code is a list of basic items, knowledge and behaviours that should be observed before and during a climb;
- Select equipment carefully
- Learn how to use it
- Be physically fit
- Know how to use a map and compass
- Try to make an early start allowing time later in the day for bad weather
- If possible plan an alternative route for bad weather
- Keep together
- Fill in route card and give a copy to the support team.
- Check weather forecast
Share this with your friends:
Thanks for sharing!